Accidentally deleted an important file? Don’t panic! In this tutorial, we’ll walk you through the process of recovering deleted files on Windows 10. Whether you’ve just emptied your Recycle Bin or lost files due to a system crash, we’ve got you covered.
Method 1: Recovering from the Recycle Bin
The first place to look for deleted files is the Recycle Bin. Here’s how:
- Double-click on the Recycle Bin icon on your desktop.
- Locate and right-click on the file you want to recover.
- Select ‘Restore’.
The file will be restored to its original location.
Method 2: Using File History
If you’ve set up File History, you can use it to recover deleted files. Here’s how:
- Open the folder that used to contain the deleted file.
- Click on the ‘History’ button.
- Select the version of the file you want to restore, then click ‘Restore’.
Method 3: Using Data Recovery Software
If the above methods don’t work, you can use data recovery software. There are many options available, but we recommend EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard for its user-friendly interface and powerful recovery features.
Here’s a basic guide on how to use it:
- Download and install EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard.
- Open the program and select the location where the deleted files were stored.
- Click ‘Scan’ to let the program find deleted files.
- Once the scan is complete, select the files you want to recover and click ‘Recover’.
Recovering deleted files on Windows 10 can be a lifesaver in many situations. Remember, it’s always best to back up your data regularly to prevent data loss. Happy recovering!